About Our Practice
Hassett Law Group
In March 2017, the two of us (husband and wife) formed our new law firm to help CREATIVE ENTREPRENEURS and ORGANIZATIONS. We have experience representing individuals and organizations in the technology, entertainment, and design industries.
Some Advantages We Offer You
We both have over 30+ years experience in legal and business matters. Lawyers learn and improve from every experience. We can help you anticipate and proactively deal with legal and business matters.
As a husband and wife team, you will benefit from the built in efficiencies of a family run business — no office politics — but instead intense focus on delivering high quality services.
Rob was the co-author of the volume on interactive media and internet law of the leading treatise about writing contracts for the entertainment industry. He is co-writing a book about the recently expanded scope of the tax credits available for the entertainment industry in Georgia.
Why We Love This Space
Nothing can compare to the return on investment achievable from intellectual property.
For example, compare the 5 most valuable structures (sourced from escapehere.com):
5. The World Trade Center, New York, USA $3.8 billion (cost in 2013)
4.The cosmopolitan, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA $4.16 billion (cost in 2010)
3. Emirates Place, Abu Dhabi, UAE $4.46 billion (cost in 2005)
2. Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore: $5.38 billion (cost in 2010)
1. Bay Sands, Singapore $6 billion (cost in 2010)
To the five most valuable brands (sourced from Forbes Magazine):
5. Facebook $52.6 billion
4. Coca-cola $58.5 billion
3. Microsoft $75.2 billion
2. Google $82.5 billion
1. Apple $154.1 billion
Yes, I know that for these buildings we are only measuring costs, but is it not telling that no structure has ever sold for more than the cost of the most expensive 5?
Who We Represent
Creative Entrepreneurs and Organizations have more potential to benefit from legal services.
- CANDACE ALGER (FOUNDER AND FORMER CEO OF GIANT STUDIOS)
- BEN CHESTNUT (CEO OF MAIL CHIMP)
- ANNA GRIFFIN (PRESIDENT OF ANNA GRIFFIN, INC.)
- ANDREW GREENBERG (PRESIDENT OF THE GEORGIA GAME DEVELOPERS ASSOCIATION AND FORMER PRESIDENT OF HOLISTIC DESIGN)
- BARRY GRIFFIN (CEO OF CRANK MEDIA INTELLIGENCE)
- BO HAGLER (CEO OF MFG.COM) MARCUS HARWOOD (DEVELOPER OF METHOD TEAMING)
- PAT AND SHERRY HENRY (CO-OWNERS OF DRAGON CON)
- KEN LEEBOW (AUTHOR OF THE INCREDIBLE THINGS ON THE INTERNET SERIES OF BOOKS OF WHICH OVER 3 MILLION COPIES HAVE BEEN SOLD)
- DERREL (“BOO”) MCAFEE (CEO OF WORLD’S FASTEST DRUMMER)
- ALAN SCHAEFER (CEO OF BANDING PEOPLE TOGETHER)
- JUDY SUITER (FOUNDER OF COMPETITIVE EDGE)
- FELICIA VOLOSCHIN (CEO OF ROCKIN’ FINANCE)
- CHRIS WIESE (CEO OF HOLISTIC DESIGN)